When data loss happens there are a number of things you can do to recover it, however as you would expect, it’s time consuming and costly. So instead of waiting for the worst to happen, your company is better off creating a contingency plan to prevent data loss from ever occurring. An IT strategy is the easiest way to plan for and recover from disasters. Take a look at the infographic to understand more about data loss and recovery:
While the above discusses how to recover data once you have lost it, your IT strategy should act to prevent loss in the first place. To build a better IT strategy, or in review of your company’s current IT strategy, there are easy steps to integrate:
- Ensure you always have more than one backup model i.e. cloud and on-site.
- Have a documented backup strategy in place that includes regularly testing restores.
- Ensure you have a process in the event of a disaster that includes a business continuity plan.
- Create simulated disaster events to test and measure the plans above.
- Keep up to date on newer backup trends / technology and review them against your current state.
- Maintain current support contracts for all key backup hardware and software providers.
- Have an escalation partner who can help you if the problems exceed your internal team’s skills.
Backupify research, 60% of companies that lose their data will shut down within 6 months of the disaster. An IT strategy review can save your company the loss of time and money in the long run and in some cases, can save your company from company failure.According to